[PP-discussions] Fwd: [Bureau] [pp-leaders] Help the Pirate Party of Greece prepare for national elections!

Larose75 Larose75 at partipirate.org
Mer 2 Sep 18:58:43 CEST 2015

les grecs ont besoin de sous...
possibilité de soutien par paypal
http://elections.pirateparty.gr/?page_id=661

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Bureau] [pp-leaders] Help the Pirate Party of Greece prepare
for national elections!
Date: 	Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:09:10 +0200
From: 	Antonios Motakis - International Coordinator PP-GR
<international at pirateparty.gr>
To: 	EU Election coordination group <pp-eu at lists.pp-international.net>,
List for international coordinators of the Pirate Parties of the EU
<pp-eu.coordinators at lists.pp-international.net>, PP-EU Programme
development <pp-eu.programme at lists.pp-international.net>, PP-EU Statutes
development <pp-eu.statutes at lists.pp-international.net>,
pp-leaders at lists.pp-international.net
<pp-leaders at lists.pp-international.net>, pp-leaders.discussion
<pp-leaders.discussion at lists.pp-international.net>, Pirate Parties
International -- General Talk
<pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>

Dear pirates,

I am asking you to support, however you can, the participation of the
Pirate Party of Greece in the national elections taking place this year. [1]

As I am sure all of you have heard by now, our troubled country is
heading into elections. Again.

The Pirate Party of Greece, did not participate in the last elections in
January [2], for various reasons, the main among them being the high
financial cost of participating in elections in Greece.

We believe that it is important that the Pirate Party runs in these
elections. There has already been some attention in the media, because
of the talks PPGR has had with other parties [3]. Not taking part in
this election challenge would be a lost chance to promote the Pirate
values to the Greek electorate, and it is not unthinkable that there
won't be any other elections for a time.

Unfortunately, running for elections in Greece has high costs, as the
participating parties are responsible for the printing of their own
ballots. We estimate that this election run will cost up to 25,000 €.
We are in talks with many other political parties in Greece, trying to
form an electoral coalition as a 'Plan B'. However we are also trying to
gather the required funds, so we can independently take part in the
election race and promote the Pirate Party to the people in Greece.
*
We have set up a web page for crowdfunding:*
http://elections.pirateparty.gr/?page_id=661

We are asking all Pirate Parties, to promote this web page and our
crowdfunding action to their members. Please if you can, consider
donating to our cause, and forward this page to anyone that might be
sympathetic to our cause.

With hearty pirate cheers,
Antonios Motakis (a.k.a. Tony)
Intl. Coordinator