[PP-discussions] Fwd: [Bureau] TED Talk: How to upgrade democracy for the internet era, feat. DemocracyOS

Larose75 Larose75 at partipirate.org
Jeu 13 Nov 14:07:44 CET 2014

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Bureau] TED Talk: How to upgrade democracy for the internet
era, feat. DemocracyOS
Date: 	Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:41:13 -0300
From: 	Nando Sarmiento <nando at noempire.co>

Hey there

How are things down Parti Pirate? I’ve probably contacted you some
months back about a coming soon Kickstarter we have on the works called
DemocracyOS <http://democracyos.org/> (an open source vote & debate
decision-making tool for all types of organisations). We here at the
“DemocracyOS” bunker are extremely happy
 because one of our project
leaders, Pia Mancini, has just given a great TED talk (the first
Argentine to give one!) titled "How to upgrade democracy for the
internet era", at TED global, Brazil (click here to view it
<http://www.ted.com/talks/pia_mancini_how_to_upgrade_democracy_for_the_internet_era#t-42429>).

We’re also rounding up the data and getting everything ready to start
our Kickstarter soon. We wanted to share our party mood and Pia’s video,
where she explains exactly what the project is about. Hope you enjoy
it! We’ll return with more info on the Kickstarter soon as well, and
really hope this is of your interest!  —just to refresh, DemocracyOS was
featured in Wired <http://www.wired.com/2014/05/democracy-os/>, HuffPo
<http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/john-izzo/net-party-argentina_b_3786115.html>
and many other open democracy outlets. And we're super happy it's moving
right ahead!

I can connect you with Pia if you need to, as she's taking lots of press
requests. All help will be very very appreciated!!

Big cheers, and more to come soon!

*Nando Sarmiento*
Ño Empire / DemocracyOS
Website <http://www.noempire.co>